There are a number of options for getting started with a new BbLearn course space depending on what you need.
Official courses offered "for credit" are automatically generated each semester through a BbLearn / Registrar's Office automated system about two months before the semester begins. Instructors, TAs, and Graders must be added by your departmental scheduler to the official course site through BANNER/COWS. New instructors EPAFs must be completed and they must have successfully taken their FERPA training through Vandal Web before they will gain access to their BbLearn courses. Note: Instructors have to make a course available to students in order for students to see it.
If you need to work more than 2 months ahead, or would just like a course space to experiment with, you may request a [PREP] course space.
Workshops, Team, or Dept. Collaboration
If you need to create a BbLearn space for a workshop, group collaboration tool, or other non-credit course, you may request a [UIDAHO] non-Credit Space.
Missing a Course?
If a course you are teaching is not listed in BbLearn:
- Check the date. Courses are auto-generated about two months before the semester begins and will not appear before that time.
- Are you listed in the Class Schedule as an instructor for the course?
- Has your departmental scheduler added you as an Instructor of Record in BANNER/COWS for the course? This process can take one day to synch between BANNER and BbLearn.
- Has you EPAF been successfully completed through Human Resources? Successful completion of the EPAF is required before you will be added as an instructor to BbLearn. The synch may take one day from BANNER to BbLearn.
- Have you successfully completed your FERPA training through Vandal Web? Successful completion of this task is required before you will be added as an instructor to BbLearn. The data push from BANNER to BbLearn occurs three times a day. After conpleting your training, you will need to wait for the next synch to occur.
- Have you accidentally hidden the course from your view?