Collaborate Classic is a powerful live web conferencing application integrated with BbLearn. That being said, the "live" aspect means that this technology is more complex and requires some preparation on your part.
TIME ZONE DISPLAYED IS ALWAYS PACIFIC TIME!
Collaborate Classic's Time Zone is presented as US Pacific Time (PT). If you are located in a different time zone, you will have to convert the Pacific Time (PT) displayed in Collaborate Classic to your own time zone.
Getting Set Up
- System Requirements
- USB Headset or Audio plug Headset REQUIRED
- Microphone REQUIRED
- Webcam Optional
- 256+ MB ram
- Sound Card
- 20+ MB free disk space
- 28.8 kbps Internet speed (High Speed Internet strongly recommended)
- Install Collaborate Launcher (40MB download)
- Within your course's Collaborate Classic area, click the Join Room button.
- Click download the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher link (40MB).
- Click Download Launcher button, and save to your computer.
- Install the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher file you just downloaded by double clicking on it. This file is typically saved into a Download folder.
Learn more »
- Run Collaborate Classic (Join Room)
- Within your course's Collaborate CLassic area, click the Join Room button twice.
- If you see the First time user box, click Launch Blackboard Collaborate now link
- Open meeting.collab to begin a Collaborate Classic session.
Learn more »
- Setup your Audio (Mic & Headset)
You MUST use a Headset & turn your speakers OFF! Within a Blackboard Collaborate Classic session click the menu Tools > Audio > Audio Setup Wizard. If you experience audio problems, run the Audio Setup Wizard again, even if you've already run it. Learn more »
- Collaborate Classic Basics
Quickly learn the Quick Start for Collaborate Classic
- Participant Orientation (7 min video)
- Collaborate Classic Launcher won't Launch
- Audio Problems?
- Talk Button Pressed to Talk?
- Headset Unplugged?
- Headset Turned Off?
- Mute Turned On?
- Speakers Turned On?
- Volume Too Set Low?
- Run the Audio Setup Wizard AGAIN
- "Connection Fail: Conference Locked"
A moderator may lock a room to prevent new Participants from joining?causing new Participants to receive a Connection Failed: Conference is Locked message. Ask your Moderator to unlock a session by selecting Moderator > Allow New Participants to Enter Session
- "Unknown User" Error
This error occurs when you are using an expired .collab file. Apply the fix.
- Mobile Devices
- Install the Collaborate Mobile App.
- Login to your course using your mobile device's standard Web browser and launch Collaborate Classic from within your BbLearn course.