|Location:||Education Bldg. Rm 208|
SharePoint Designer 2007
- Product Recommendations by OS
- Download SharePoint Designer 2007 (FREE)
- Edit a Web site on UI FrontPage Server
- Help using SharePoint Designer 2007
- FrontPage Features not available in SharePoint Designer
- Microsoft FrontPage DOES NOT work with Windows 7. If you must upgrade, we recommend moving to SharePoint Designer 2007.
- SharePoint Designer 2010 will NEVER work with the UI FrontPage server. You MUST use SharePoint Designer 2007, FrontPage, or Expression Web to connect to the UI FrontPage server.
Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows VistaMicrosoft FrontPage 2003 does not work with Windows 7. We recommend you use SharePoint Designer 2007 to access the UI FrontPage server.
Microsoft XPMicrosoft FrontPage 2003 continues to work well on the Microsoft XP platform. The Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2007 interface is very similar to FrontPage 2003. However, there are a few differences that should be considered before you decide to SharePoint Designer 2007:
MacintoshAccess to the UI FrontPage server is not supported via the Macintosh platform.
Help Downloading the correct file:
- Scroll part way down the Microsoft page linked below
- Click on the download button next to: SharePointDesigner.exe
- Download Now!
How to Edit a Website on UI FrontPage server
- Open SharePoint Designer 2007 or FrontPager 2003
- Choose File, then Open Site...
- Type the full web address as the Site name (including http://)
- Click Open
- Login with your NetID username & Password
- Once you make a change to an .htm file, press save, and then refresh your browser you will see the changes made to the site.
Help using SharePoint Designer 2007
- Demos: A six-part series on getting the most out of SharePoint Designer 2007
- Convert from Shared Borders to Dynamic Web Templates
- UI faculty and staff may contact DEE Help for
- firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-885-2121
FrontPage features not available in SharePoint Designer
The Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2007 interface is very similar to FrontPage 2003. However, there are a few difference to make note of in SharePoint Designer:
- No Themes (replaced by Dynamic Web Templates)
- No Shared Borders (replaced by Dynamic Web Templates)
- No FrontPage Forms
- No Hit Counter (doesn't work with FrontPage either)