|Location:||Education Bldg. Rm 208|
- Sample Articulate Presentation
- Open a Presentation in PowerPoint
- Publish PowerPoint with Articulate
- Add Presentation to your Web Site
- Purchasing Articulate
- FrontPage Conflict
- Flash Player 10 Issue
- PowerPoint Basics
- Deliver Lecture Online using Narrated PowerPoint
- Add Articulate Files to Blackboard CE8
- Online Flash Lectures in Blackboard CE8 using Articulate
- Adding Presentations, Audio, and Video to Blackboard CE8
Articulate Presenter converts a PowerPoint presentation into a Web-ready Flash presentation. You may include audio with the presentation. View the instructions on how to narrate a PowerPoint presentation to learn more about preparing your PowerPoint for Articulate Presenter.
These instructions require that Articulate Presenter is installed on your computer. The Distance and Extended Education (DEE) lab has a machine with Articulate Presenter Pro '09 installed. The DEE lab is located on the UI Moscow Campus, Education Building, room 208.
Be sure to check out the current known issues with Articulate Presenter:
The Age of Humans 15:41 min
- Open the PowerPoint file you wish.
- Select the Articulate menu, then Publish...
- Change the Published Title to what you want.
- Set Player Template to DEE Lab Default
if you are in our lab.
- Note: If you are not using Articulate in the DEE lab, you may customize the template under Articulate > Player Template Builder.
- Press the Publish button. This will create all the files necessary to make the Flash presentation work.
All other Web Sites
- Import the data folder, player folder, launcher.html and player.html file into your Web site.
- Build a hyperlink in your Web site to the
launcher.html file to give users access to the presentation.
NOTE: If you don't want the presentation to launch in a new window, link to the player.html file.
If you are experiencing problems getting your presentations to play after uploading them to your Web site, check out the current known issues with Articulate Presenter for additional troubleshooting help.
Contact a DEE staff member if you need help with this step.
Articulate Presenter Details:
- Purchase Articulate here: www.articulate.com/presenter.html
There is a known conflict that occurs between Articulate content and the UI FrontPage server. If you converted your files in the DEE lab, your Articulate files will already be fixed.
Problem Description: This issue prevents Articulates' content from loading correctly. When the content is loaded from a browser, the page comes up blank.
Fix: The fix for this requires modification of two documents located in C:\Program Files\Articulate\.
Changes required to Articulate to make its output work on the UI FrontPage server
1. Go to C:\Program Files\Articulate\Presenter\players\core
- Edit the player.html file in Notepad.
- Change 'flashcommand.js' reference to 'flashscripts.js'
- Save changes.
2. Go to C:\Program Files\Articulate\Presenter\players\core\player
- Rename 'flashcommand.js' filename to 'flashscripts.js'
Articulate presentations unable to load with Flash
If you have been publishing presentations using Articulate Presenter 5, they will no longer load when viewed with the new Flash Player 10 released 10/15/08. To fix this problem, download and use the Articulate Updater for Adobe Flash Player 10 to update the Articulate Presenter installation on your computer and fix each Articulate presentation file being distributed.
To run Articulate Updater for Flash Player 10:
- Download the Articulate Updater for Adobe Flash
Player 10 from:
- Install the Articulate Updater for Adobe Flash Player 10
- Run the Articulate Updater for Adobe Flash Player 10
- Re-run the Articulate Updater for Adobe Flash Player 10 again whenever you locate presentation files that still need the fix applied to them