|Location:||Education Bldg. Rm 208|
- Prepare Podcast Audio & Visuals
- Create Podcast Feed
- Upload Podcast
- Listen to Podcast
- Policy Regarding Copyright
- Logitech USB Desktop Mic
- Logitech Headset Mic
- Wireless USB Mics
- XtremeMac for iPod
- iTalk Pro for iPod
- Digital Voice Recorder
Convert additional Visuals to PDF
PowerPoint and/or Audio Podcast
RSS Feed only
RSS Feed Resources
Podcastable file types
- .p; (podcast feed)
- .mp3 (audio)
- .m4a (iTunes audio - aac)
- .mp4 (video)
- .pdf (visuals)
- .jpg (podcast feed image)
Setup iTunes or pcast links Optional
- iTunes itpc://www.uidaho.edu/yourweb/your_podcast.xml
- PCast pcast://www.uidaho.edu/yourweb/your_podcast.xml
- Go to www.apple.com/itunes/
- Click Download
- Open the installer and continue through the installation process.
Note: You do not need to create an account in order to use iTunes. The account is only needed if you plan on purchasing media through the iTunes store.
- Click on the iTunes or Podcast link under the podcast you want to listen to or watch.
- Open iTunes if it isn't already open.
- Select Podcasts from the Library.
- Press the Get button next to the Podcast materials you want to download.
- Click the Play button to begin playing the Lecture after it's downloaded.
- Plug your iPod into your computer via the iPod docking station or cable.
- Drag the Lecture from the Podcast Library to the iPod icon.
- Right-Click the iPod icon and select Sync iPod.
Distance and Extended Education (DEE) is unable to assist with the online delivery of copyrighted audio and video media. We do not have the legal expertise nor the staff available to review files and screen for issues. Fair Use and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act are both complicated pieces of legislation, and by most accounts subjective. We encourage individuals to secure written permission whenever possible and to weigh these Fair Use factors:
- The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes
- The nature of the copyrighted work
- The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
- The effect of the use upon the potential market for, or value of, the copyrighted work
U.S. Copyright office states "The distinction between fair use and infringement may be unclear and not easily defined. There is no specific number of words, lines, or notes that may safely be taken without permission."
DEE asks that individuals use one of many online hosted services such as YouTube, Vimeo and TeacherTube to deliver video clips, adhering carefully to the hosted site’s policies.
[...] You agree to not use the Vimeo Services (including, without limitation, the Vimeo Site and the Forums) to: upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Submission that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; [...]
Full Terms of Service
[...] You agree that you will not: submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant TeacherTube all of the license rights granted herein; [...]
[...] You agree that you will not: submit
material in which specific learning objectives are not evident
and/or material that does not provide professional development
for educators. [...]
Full Terms of Service
Be sure to also reference the University of Idaho Copyright Policy
- How to Podcast Campus Lectures - Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Podcasting Lectures - Educause Quarterly
- PDF's in iTunes - Make Magazine
- Five things you should know about Podcasting - NYU
- Podcast - Wikipedia
- Podcasts - Apple.com
- Podcasting & iTunes FAQ - Apple.com
- Podcasting and iTunes: Technical Specifications - Apple.com
- Create Your Own Podcast: A Step-by-Step Tutorial - About.com
- Create your own podcast - CNET.com
- Adobe Acrobat
- Click Caster
- Cute PDF Writer
- List Garden
- Podcast Blaster
- RSS Validator