|Location:||Education Bldg. Rm 208|
- Using PowerPoint
- Create Slide Master
- Add New Slide
- Add Text, Slide Numbers, Images, Drawings, etc.
- View your Presentation
- View all Slides at Once
- Save Slides as PDF Handout
- Save Slides as Web Page
- Deliver Lecture Online - Narrated PowerPoint
- Convert PowerPoint to Flash - Articulate
- Convert PowerPoint to Flash - AuthorPoint Lite
- Add YouTube Video to PowerPoint
- More PowerPoint Tutorials
- Open PowerPoint 2003.
The master slide allows you to set up a design template to define a uniform look for all the slides in the show. Setting up a master slide will save you time by helping to maintain slide consistency and allowing you to change the look of all your slides at any time by simply changing the master slide.
- Select View > Master > Slide Master.
- The Slide Design menu contains many design templates offered by Microsoft. These quickly and easily add color and style to your presentation. To set up the design of the master slide select Format > Slide Design and select a design template from the right menu by clicking on it.
- Make desired changes to the selected design by editing the master slide.
- Select View > Normal when you are done.
- To make a new slide, select the New Slide button in the top menu.
- To enter text on a slide, click on the text area where you would like to add text and start typing.
- To add a new text area, click on the Text Box button in the drawing toolbar at the bottom of the screen and then click on the area where you would like the new text area to appear.
- To add slide numbers, select Insert > Slide Number.
- Place a check next to Slide Number and click Apply to All.
- Select Insert > Picture > From File.
- Navigate to your image and click OK.
- To resize the image, select the image by clicking on it.
- Click on the little circles on the edge of the image and drag.
- Select only the corner circles to avoid distorting the image.
- To compress your image, double-click on the image.
- On the Picture tab, select the Compress button
- Apply to: All pictures in document
- Change Resolution: Web/Screen
- Options: Compress pictures
- Options: Delete cropped areas of pictures
- Click OK..
- To create illustrations on a slide, use the various tools at your disposal from the Drawing toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
- Select View > Toolbars > Drawing if it is not already present.
- To view your Slide Show, select Slide Show > View Show.
- Left click to move forward through your slides one at a time.
- Right click for more options such as viewing the previous slide.
- To view and organize all of your slides, click on the Slide Sorter View button found at the bottom left of the screen.
- You may reorganize, delete, or copy slides easily in this view with standard drag and drop, delete, and copy and paste techniques.
One option is to use the full version of Adobe Acrobat (not just the Reader) to create PDF's. Also see the PDF Creation tutorial.
- Select File > Print
- Choose Adobe PDF as the printer.
- Set Print what: choose Handouts
- Set Slides per page to your preference
- Click OK
- To save the slide show for the web either create a single PDF file using the step above, or
- In PowerPoint 2003, select File > Save as Web Page
- In PowerPoint 2007, select Office
Button > Save As
- Save as type: Web Page (*.htm, *.html)
- Press the Publish button
- Under Browser support, select All browsers listed
- Select other settings as you like, and press Publish
- An html file and a folder will be generated. You must move both the folder and the file to your web site.