- Making Mathematics Reasoning Explicit (MMRE) -- a 5-year NSF Math Science Partnership Grant (2011-2016)
This $5 million grant is a collaboration between University of Idaho, Washington State University, and a consortium of rural districts in eastern Washington and northern Idaho.
Our goal is to develop teacher leaders in Grades 4-12 who promote mathematical reasoning, generalization, and justification in their classrooms, schools, and districts.
The first cohort includes the following school districts in WA and ID:
Bridgeport, Brewster, Creston, Davenport, Grand Coulee Dam, and Wilbur, Boundary County, Kellogg, Lake Pend Oreille, West Bonner, and Sandpoint Charter.
MMRE MSPnet site
UI MMRE press release
University of Idaho
• Rob Ely, co-PI (assistant professor, Mathematics) -- firstname.lastname@example.org
• Anne Adams, co-PI (assistant professor, Curriculum and Instruction) -- email@example.com
• Jennifer Johnson-Leung, co-PI (assistant professor, Mathematics) -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington State University
• Libby Knott, PI (professor, Mathematics) -- email@example.com
• Jo Olson, co-PI (assistant professor, Teaching and Learning) -- firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tom Asaki, (associate professor, Mathematics) -- email@example.com
• Jim Kowalkowski, co-PI (superintendent, Davenport School District; director, Washington Rural Education Center) -- firstname.lastname@example.org