STEPS TOWARD COMPLETING THE PROJECT
NOTE TO CW EMPHASIS MAJORS: The creative writing faculty have developed guidelines for your projects.
1) By September 3, have a preliminary conference with a mentor you choose. In this conference, the mentor will help you define an appropriately focused project and will send you off to investigate readings and other resources.
2) By September 8, complete a draft of the prospectus. Give it to me and to your mentor. Schedule a conference with your mentor no later than September 14 to go over the draft. He/she will not sign it on the run; you have to allow time for further revisions, if they're asked for. When all required revisions are complete, the mentor must sign the prospectus title sheet. I will not accept the prospectus until it is signed.
3) Turn in your revised prospectus on September 15--hard signed copy and electronic copy e-mailed to me as an attachment.
4) You may be deeply tempted at this point to leave all further work until November. Don't do this! Give it some time each week. Progress reports in class on October 20 following team meetings. Teams provide support and feedback to one another and to develop a plan for your presentation day. Here are the questions you will pose to each member of your group: TEAM MEETINGS.
5) Week of November 3: Schedule a third conference with your mentor to report on your progress and hear his/her suggestions. I will want to hear your ideas about presenting the project.
6) Presentations will happen October 27 and November 10 and 17. Be sure to invite your mentor. Form for evaluation of presentations. Individual conferences with me, if needed, during the weeks of December 1 and 8.
8) Draft paper is due on December 1 in class; drafts returned December 8; final draft due December 15.