Envision Idaho | November 1, 2013
Envision Idaho is an exhilarating visit event granting high school seniors and transfer students VIP access to:
- Peek behind the scenes at costume creation, set design and construction, dressing rooms, and other elements of live theater.
- Explore forestry concepts while using the same natural resource tools that our students have in their courses. Calculate tree height, value, age, and other characteristics in one of our favorite classrooms – the outdoors!
- Visit the labs where as a student, you’ll work from concept to creation on your engineering projects and research. See current project projects, such as the clean snowmobile and concrete canoes.
- Watch students use real-time trading systems to manage investment accounts valued at more than $10,000.
- Take the stage in our performance halls – home to hundreds of recitals, concerts and other student performances each year.
- Check out students producing news broadcasts, documentaries and commercials, as well as programs for Idaho Public Television and Northwest Public Radio.
- Grasp and experience some of the many options within the education field.
- Follow your artistic calling while experiencing our art and design studios and labs.
- Get your hands dirty while joining in on live science demonstrations led by current UI students.
- Discover what moves you while trying out the many areas of movement sciences such as physical education, dance, athletic training and exercise science.
- Investigate the Alfred W. Bowers laboratory dedicated to the science, history and practice of archaeology.
- Find out about careers in the pre-med/pre-health fields and how to best prepare yourself.
So, what's your passion? Let us help you put your future in focus at the University of Idaho at Envision Idaho.
And this year, there are even more reasons to attend.
- Bring along Dad so he can get the full Vandal experience as well at Dad's Weekend. Mom's welcome too. Check out the 2013 Dad's Weekend schedule of events.
- Get your Vandal sporting autography collection started in a big way. Idaho basketball is having a Silver and Gold Preview Nov. 1 from 6-8 p.m. at Memorial Gym. The event is free so take this opportunity for an up-close look at your Vandals. The women are on from 6-7 p.m. and the men from 7-8 p.m. Each team will stay to sign autographs.