- Asking good questions
- Careers in Psychology
- Preparing for the GRE
- Writing a "Letter of Intent" for graduate school
- Three Minute Thesis
- Ph.D. program rankings
- Dance Your Ph.D.
- Tomorrow's Professor - a weekly listserve with great articles on research, teaching, and academia.
- How to Succeed in College
- Online degree options in psychology
- Interview Tips
- Developing your Brand
- What can you do with a psychology degree?
Scientific & Professional Societies
- Society for Neuroscience (SfN)
- International Society for Posture and Gait Research (ISPGR)
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES)
- Cognitive Neuroscience Society (CNS)
- American Society of Biomechanics (ASB)
- Association for Psychological Science (APS)
Free Online Statistical Tools
- Free online textbook
- Vassar Stats
- Graphpad QuickCalcs
- Tutorial for using R
- How to write statistics results
Free Search Engines
Research & Funding Opportunities
- Neuro film festival
- NIH Post-Baccalaureate training and education programs
- University of Idaho Innovation Showcase (register by April 1)
- Summer Science Fellowship for undergraduates at George Mason University (apply by Feb 10)
- Scholarships/Grants/Awards from the American Psychological Association
- North American Spine Society
- Here is a handy set of guidelines for how to do a peer review of a manuscript.
- My favorite (free) reference manager software is Mendeley.
- This is an excellent article about how to write for a scientific journal.
- Who doesn't occasionally need a little help with APA Style?