Built Environment Resources
- Satterthwaite, D. 2007. The urban challenge revisited. Environment 49 (9): 3-18.
- DeFries, Ruth, Gregory P. Asner and Jonathan Foley. 2006. A glimpse out the window:
What landscapes reveal about livelihoods, land use, and environmental consequences.
Environment 48 (8): 22-36.
- Ellis, E.C. and N. Ramankutty. 2008. Putting people in the map: Anthropogenic biomes of the world. Frontiers in
Ecology and Environment 6(8): 439–447.
- Molina, Mario J., and Luisa T. Molina. 2004. Megacities and atmospheric pollution. Journal of the Air and Waste Management Association 54 (6): 644-680.
- Turner II, Billie L., and Paul Robbins. 2008. Land-change science and political ecology: Similarities, differences, and implications for sustainability science. Annual Review of Environment and Resources 33: 295-316.
- Dasgupta, Susmita, Ashoka Mody, and David Wheeler. 1995. Environmental regulation and development: A cross-country empirical analysis. Policy Research Working Paper 1448. Washington, D.C.: World Bank.
- Goodchild, Michael F. 2003. Geographic information science and systems of environmental management. Annual Review of Environment and Resources 28: 493-519.
- Lynam, Timothy, Wil de Jong, Douglas Sheil, Trikurnianti Kusumanto, and Kirsten Evans. 2007. A review of tools for incorporating community knowledge, preferences, and values into decision making in natural resources management. Ecology and Society. 12 (1): 5.
- Schaldach, Rudiger, and Jorg A. Priess. 2008. Integrated models of the land system: A review of modeling approaches on the regional to global scale. Living Reviews in Landscape Research 2.
- McGranahan, Gordon, and David Satterthwaite. 2003. Urban centers: An assessment of sustainability. Annual Review of Environment and Resources 28 (1): 243-274.
- Solecki, William D., and Robin M. Leichenko. 2006. Urbanization and the metropolitan environment: Lessons from New York and Shanghai. Environment 48 (4): 8-23.
Some references cited from: Kates, Robert W., ed. 2010. Readings in Sustainability Science and
Technology. CID Working Paper No. 213. Center for International Development, Harvard
University. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University, December 2010.