ME 404-504 – Finite Element Applications in Engineering
· Course description: To familiarize the student with the procedures for solving differential equations using finite element methods. (3 credits)
· Pre-requisites: Engr 320 and Engr 350; Co-Req: ME 341 or instructor permission.
· Example 1: Truss problem solved with ABAQUS:
· Example 2: Analysis of a plate with a hole
· Example 3: Loading-unloading of a plate with a hole using an elastic-plastic model
· Example 4: Simulation of a projectile impacting a plate using the Johnson-Cook plasticity-damage model