View Grade Details
You may use the Grade Center to see assessment attempts, assign grades, and view the grade history. Access the Grade Details page from the contextual menu for any graded item listed in the Grade Center. A grade must be entered in the cell to view the Grade Details page. If there is no grade, the option to view Grade Details will not appear.
(1:28 min video)
Open Grade Details
- Under the Control Panel, expand the Grade Center.
- Under Grade Center, click on Full Grade Center.
- Click the option menu on the grade you want to view the details of.
- Select View Grade Details.
There are four tabs at the top of the Grade Details Screen:
- Attempts details on each attempt made by that student.
- Manual Override e.g., override automatic score, and provide feedback & notes.
- Column Details e.g., basic statistics for all grades in that column.
- Grade History e.g., history of all actions taken related to this graded item.
The Attempts tab provides a record of the available attempts made by that student for that activity (e.g., test, assignment, blog, etc.). The options available on this screen may vary depending on the type of activity you're grading.
- Access student attempts under the Full Grade Center. Click the option menu on the grade and select View Grade Details.
- Grade/View an Attempts which allows you to view both the correct answers and the answers given by the student.
- Clear an Attempt which removes all record of the submission.
- Ignore an Attempt which keeps the submission, but allows the student another chance to submit if the due date has not passed.
- Depending on the type of activity you're grading, there may also be an Allow additional Attempts button which allows you to give the student another chance to submit the assignment.
Manual Override allows you to change the grade which may have been auto-generated by the BbLearn grading process. You may also manually change grades directly in the grade center.
- Manually override grades from the Full Grade Center. Click the option menu on the grade and select View Grade Details.
- Click the Manual Override tab
- Feedback to the User will show in the student's My Grades area.
- Grading Notes are maintained for instructor uses, and are not displayed to the student.
- More Info
Statistics such as average score are available in the grade details.
- Go to the Full Grade Center. Click the option menu on the grade and select View Grade Details.
- Click the Column Details tab.
- Primary Display which indicates what type of grade is given to the student (e.g., score, percent, letter grade, etc.).
- Show to Users = Yes/No indicates whether a student will be able to see the grade inside their My Grades area.
- Included in Calculations = Yes/No indicates whether the grade will be included in calculations like the Total or Weighted columns.
- More Column Statistics Info
Under the Grade History tab you can see a record of ALL previous activity related to that graded item.
- Access the past graded activity or attempts from the Full Grade Center. Click the option menu on the grade and select View Grade Details.
- Click the Grade History tab.
- Attempts made by the student, along with past scores.
- Grade Overrides, and who made them.
- Regrading of a question, and by whom.
- Attempts Cleared, and by whom.