Show/Hide Grades for Students
You may show or hide each column in the Grade center to your students. (Note: the column you want to adjust must first be visible to the Instructor before showing or hiding it from your student's view.)
Showing students their grades involves two steps:
- Show/hide grades to students. A grade column must be shown to students for the score to be viewable from any of many locations setup to display student grades.
Show/Hide Grades to Students
Students can view their grades from several areas of BbLearn in addition to the My Grades tool (e.g. Student Mobile App, Grades Dashboard, etc.). The ONLY WAY to prevent a grade from being seen by students is to hide its grade column in the Grade Center.
- In the Control Panel, under the Grade Center.
- Go to the Full Grade Center.
- Click the option menu next to the grade column you need to adjust.
- Click the Hide from Students (on/off) option to toggle visibilty for this column on or off.
- A grade column is hidden from students when it displays the slashed red circle icon next to the column name.
- Click the Hide from Students (on/off) option again to reverse your choice.
Add the "My Grades" Tool
Add the "My Grades" Tool to your course menu to give students EASY access to view their grades. Although there are several additional ways for students to see grades (e.g. Student Mobile App, Global Navigation, etc.), the alternatives can be non-intuitive to find.
Note: The only way to ensure that students cannot see existing grades in BbLearn is to hide each grade column individually.
To Add "My Grades" Tool to your course menu:
- Ensure that the Edit Mode is ON.
- At the top of the course menu, click on the Add Menu Item plus button.
- Select Tool Link.
- Type My Grades for the Name.
- Select My Grades as the Type.
- Check Available to Users.
- Press Submit.