Extra Credit Test Question
You may award extra credit for a test question through the Question Settings page. When extra credit is enabled and applied to an individual question, a correct answer results in adding the points listed in the question's Points box to the points earned for the test. An incorrect answer does not result in a point deduction. Questions designated as extra credit are removed from the total points calculation for the purpose of grading. If a student answers all questions correctly on a test with an extra credit question, he or she is awarded a score greater than 100% on the test. Extra credit is enabled after questions are created.
- Under the Control Panel, expand Course Tools.
- Click on Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
- Select Tests.
- Select Edit from the option menu next to the test containing the question you want to make extra credit.
- Click the Question Settings button in the upper right corner of the test canvas.
- Under Scoring, select Provide option to assign questions as extra credit.
- Click Submit to save your settings.
- Click on the Points box for the question you want to make extra credit.
- In the pop-up, select the check box for Extra Credit.
Note: All Extra Credit questions must be added to a test individually. A question's Extra Credit checkbox is not available if added to a Question Set or a Random Block.
- The screenshot below shows how it will appear to your students whenever they encounter an extra-credit question in their test: