Email using BbLearn
The BbLearn Send Email Tool allows you to quickly send a email to your students. If you need to send a message to all your students, you may also find the Announcements tool useful. If you would like to send a private message to a student you may use the Send Email tool (described below), or the Messages tool.
What's the difference?
- Announcements tool
The Announcements tool allows your message to be sent to your student's UIDAHO email address, and it also stores a copy of the message under the announcements area. This allows your students to review these notices later as well. Learn more »
- Email tool
The Email tool allows your message to be sent to your student's UIDAHO email address. However, this is a VERY basic email tool in that it does not have an "Inbox", "Sent Folder", "Trash", etc. It is purely an email sending utility. You cannot access previously sent email, though a copy of each email is sent to the sender. Learn more »
- Messages tool
The Messages tool allows messages to be sent to your student's BbLearn Course Message Inbox (i.e. they must login to BbLearn get their messages). One benefit is that both incoming and outgoing messages are saved inside the Messages tool, and can be organized as needed. You must also add the Messages tool to your course menu. Learn more »
Preferred Email Address
If you have more than one UI email address and the one listed in BbLearn's Users & Groups > Users area is not the one you wish to use with BbLearn, contact your ITS Technology Solutions Partners (TSP) or the ITS Student Technology Center (email@example.com, 208-885-4357) located in the Teaching Learning Center Room 128 for assistance in changing your preferred email address. The preferred email address is what is used in BbLearn.
You can send email from a number of locations within BbLearn such as the Full Grade Center, or from the "Send Email" tool. A benefit of emailing from within the Full Grade Center is that the subject line will be shorter. A benefit of emailing from the "Send Email" tool is that you can send email to various groups you may have setup in your course.
Email from Grade Center
- Under the Control Panel, expand Grade Center.
- Select Full Grade Center.
- Check the box next to the student you want to email, or check the box at the top of the list to select ALL your students.
- Under the Email drop down menu, click Email Selected Users.
"Send Email" Tool
- First, add the Email tool to your course menu if you want students to have access to the tool as well (Learn how to add the Email tool).
- Under the Control Panel, expand Course Tools.
- Select Send Email.
- From there you can choose to email all students, all users, certain groups, specific people, etc.
- If you've chosen to email specific users you can click on their name, and press the right pointing arrow to select them.
- Enter a subject line.
- Enter a message.
- Attach any necessary files.
- Press Submit to send your email. You will receive a copy of the message in your email.