Send Internal Course Message
There are a number of ways you can communicate with your students. If you need to send a message to all your students, you may find the Announcements tool useful. If you would like to send a private message to a student you may use the Email tool, or the Messages tool (described below).
What's the difference?
- Announcements tool
The Announcements tool allows your message to be sent to your student's UIDAHO email address, and it also stores a copy of the message under the announcements area. This allows your students to review these notices later as well. more »
- Email tool
The Email tool allows your message to be sent to your student's UIDAHO email address. However, this is a VERY basic email tool in that it does not have an "Inbox", "Sent Folder", "Trash", etc. It is purely an email sending utility. You cannot access previously sent email, though a copy of each email is sent to the sender. more »
- Messages tool
The Messages tool allows messages to be sent to your student's BbLearn Course Message Inbox (i.e. they must login to BbLearn get their messages). One benefit is that both incoming and outgoing messages are saved inside the Messages tool, and can be organized as needed. You must also add the Messages tool to your course menu. more »
Send a Message
- First, add the Course Messages tool to your course menu if you want students to have access to the tool as well (Learn how to add Course Messages tool).
- Under the Control Panel, expand Course Tools.
- Select Messages.
- From there you can create a message or read messages you've received from others.
- When you're sending a message, click the To button to select the individuals you want to send the message to.
- Click on the individuals, and press the right pointing arrow button to select them.
- Fill in a subject line and the body of your message.
- Attach a file if necessary. Read help for converting to PDF files to ensure compatiblity with Chrome's PDF viewer.
- Press Submit to send your message.
- BbLearn will display a Success message indicating your message has been sent.
- Reminder: Individuals must be logged into the BbLearn course to get these internal course messages. You must also either give students access to the Tools area, or add the Messages tool to the course menu. more »