There are several methods that can be used to add a Syllabus to your course. Typically, instructors create a Syllabus in Microsoft Word. It is recommended that you save your Syllabus as a PDF and then add your PDF file to a course Content Area (left side menu item).
Alternatively, the tutorial below will show you how to add a Syllabus using the Syllabus Builder.
- Go the the Content Area (left side menu item) where you want to add your Syllabus. If you do not yet have a content area created, Create a New Content Area before continuing with the instructions below.
- On the Action Bar, point to Build Content.
- Select Syllabus.
- On the Syllabus Builder page type in a Name for the Syllabus (e.g., Syllabus).
- Check the Use Existing File option then browse your computer to locate the Syllabus file you want to add OR add a Syllabus file from your course Content Collection.
Learn more about Content Collections.
- Click on the Submit button to save your Syllabus file.
- On the Edit Item page, you can add additional information or options, such as a description, to your Syllabus file.
- When you are done adding additional content, click on the Submit button to save your Syllabus.
- BbLearn displays a success message at the top of the page and the Syllabus you created now appears in the course Content Area.