Required Setup for Internet Explorer
WARNING: The Internet Explorer browser (IE) is no longer supported by BbLearn. If you are experiencing problems -- such as file upload failures, please switch to a supported browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari).
Avoid problems viewing content with the instructions below.
BbLearn no longer supports Compatibility View. Also, content linked inside a BbLearn course which is actually hosted from another server will throw security warnings which must be answered correctly in order to view the content. Select one of the three options below to address these IE issues:
BbLearn does not support Internet Explorer in Compatibility View. If you turned on Compatibility View when viewing BbLearn in the past, it may be automatically switching to Compatibility View for you each time you enter BbLearn. Unfortunately, you may see some of the BbLearn content when viewing BbLearn with Compatibility View turned on, but it will not display correctly and you will not see everything. This is a particularly serious problem with Assessments. Turn Compatibility View off by clicking the gear in the upper right corner of the window and selecting Compatibility View settings to remove any websites (e.g., BbLearn, uidaho.edu) that should no longer display in Compatibility View.
- Look towards the bottom of the screen.
- Press the Show all content button.
- First, ensure that you've downloaded & installed the latest version of Internet Explorer.
- Second, clear the cache in Internet Explorer.
- Reboot your computer.
- Open the Internet Explorer Web browser.
- Select Tools, then Internet Options.
TIP: If you don't see a Tools menu item, press ALT on your keyboard.
- Select the Security tab.
- Select the zone Trusted Sites.
- Press the Sites button.
- Uncheck Require server verification (https:).
- Add *.uidaho.edu to the zone.
- Press the Add button.
- Close the Trusted sites window.
- Ensure that Trusted Sites is selected under the Security Tab for Internet Options.
- Select the Custom level... button.
- Scroll down to the Downloads section.
- Select Enable under File download or Automatic prompting for file downloads.
- Scroll down to the Miscellaneous section.
- Select Enable under Display mixed content.
- Scroll down to Use Pop-up Blocker within the Miscellaneous section.
- Select Disable and press OK to finish, and OK again to close the Internet Options window.
- Close all Internet Explorer windows and Restart the application.
- You are now ready to use BbLearn.